Saturday, June 11, 2011

Top 12 Female Pop Artists - Number 7: Beyoncé

Every Saturday for the next 12 weeks I decided to count down my top 12 female pop artists. After each cut will be a short explanation of why they made the list and their discographies. There will also be audio of some of my favorite songs to listen to, and video of some of their music videos and live performances that I like the most. Give the page time to load after you click "Read More" because all the audio and video may cause it to take awhile.

Some of these songs or video may have already been posted in other entries, but they will be reposted for the countdown purposes if they are some of favorites. (And of course the number of songs and videos posted will depend on how new the artist is...a newer artist will have far fewer than one who's been around for years). This week we the countdown continues with:

Number 7 - Beyoncé


I love Beyoncé Knowles because I think she is one of the most talented artists of our generation. She has an incredible voice, she can dance her ass off, she writes her own music and her music has substance. From her days in Destiny's Child to her solo career she's always inspired women to be independent and free. She's super fierce and is already an icon with countless hits. There is simply no one else like her.

Discography:
Destiny's Child (1998)*
The Writing's On the Wall (1999)*
Survivor (2001)*
8 Days of Christmas (2001)*
This Is the Remix (2002)*
Dangerously In Love (2003)
Live at Wembley (2004)
Destiny Fulfilled (2004)*
#1's (2005)*
B'Day (2006)
The Beyoncé Experience Live (2007)
I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008)
I Am... Yours: An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas (2009)
I Am... World Tour (2010)
4 (2011)
(*Destiny's Child release)


Songs You Must Hear:

No, No, No Part 2 (from "Destiny's Child"):



So Good (from "The Writing's On the Wall"):



Nasty Girl (from "Survivor"):



Apple Pie à la Mode (from "Survivor"):



Sexy Daddy (from "Survivor"):



Happy Face (from "Survivor"):



Dangerously In Love 2 (from "Dangerously In Love"):



Soldier (from "Destiny Fulfilled"):



Listen (from "Dreamgirls Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" & "B'Day"):



Halo (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Broken-Hearted Girl (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):




Radio (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Hello (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Scared of Lonely (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Best Thing I Never Had (from "4"):



End of Time (from "4"):



Videos You Must See:

Bills, Bills, Bills (from "The Writing's On the Wall"):



Bug a Boo (from "The Writing's On the Wall"):


Say My Name (from "The Writing's On the Wall"):



Jumpin', Jumpin' (from "The Writing's On the Wall"):



Independent Women Part 1 (from "Charlie's Angels Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" & "Survivor"):



Survivor (from "Survivor"):



Bootylicious (from "Survivor"):



Emotion (from "Survivor"):



Crazy In Love (featuring Jay-Z) (from "Dangerously In Love"):



Baby Boy (featuring Sean Paul) (from "Dangerously In Love"):



Me, Myself and I (from "Dangerously In Love"):



Naughty Girl (from "Dangerously In Love"):



Lose My Breath (from "Destiny Fulfilled"):



Girl (from "Destiny Fulfilled"):



Check On It (from "#1's"):



Déjà Vu (from "B'Day"):



Ring the Alarm (from "B'Day"):


Irreplaceable (from "B'Day"):



Beautiful Liar (featuring Shakira) (from "B'Day"):


Get Me Bodied (from "B'Day"):



Green Light (from "B'Day"):



Upgrade U (featuring Jay-Z) (from "B'Day"):



Freakum Dress (from "B'Day"):



Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Diva (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Ego (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Sweet Dreams (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Video Phone (featuring Lady GaGa) (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Why Don't You Love Me (from "I Am... Sasha Fierce"):



Run the World (Girls) (from "4"):



Performances You Must Watch:

Independent Women Part 1 / Say My Name (Live From the 2001 Grammy Awards):



Dangerously In Love 2 (Live From the 2004 Grammy Awards):



Ring the Alarm (Live From the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards):



Listen (Live From the 2007 Grammy Awards):



Get Me Bodied (Live From the Beyoncé Experience Tour):



Proud Mary (Live From the 2008 Grammy Awards featuring Tina Turner):



Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Live From the 2008 American Music Awards):



At Last (Live From the 2009 Inaugural Ball):



Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Live From the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards):



Sweet Dreams (Live From the 2009 MTV European Music Awards):



Déjà Vu / Crazy In Love (Live From the I Am... Tour):



Baby Boy (Live From the I Am... Tour):



Run the World (Girls) (Live From the 2011 Billboard Music Awards):

No comments:

Post a Comment